Impact Fertilisers Single Superphosphate (SSP) is proudly Australian Made in Hobart, Tasmania.
Impact SSP provides the ideal balance of phosphorus, sulphur and calcium for improving pasture, hay and livestock profitability, contained within the one granule.
SSP is one of the cheapest forms of phosphate & Supplies sulphate sulphur and calcium
The ratio of phosphorus and sulphur suits many crop and pasture needs. Both the phosphorus and sulphur are in readily available forms.
Can be blended with other fertiliser products (except Urea & DAP). Can be stored easily for long periods, without taking up moisture.
Contains calcium and sulphur (mostly as gypsum) and helps keep soil in good shape by maintaining soil structure. SSP provides a balance of P, S and Ca that mimics pasture growth requirements and is the best balanced P, S and Ca fertiliser for Australian pastures.
Source of phosphorus, calcium and sulphur.
Quality & Handling
2-5mm granules, off white in colour.
Blends with most fertilisers except Urea and DAP.
Single Superphosphate is produced by reacting naturally occurring phosphate rock with sulphuric acid. This process converts insoluble phosphates into forms more readily available to plants.
Phosphate Rock + Sulphuric Acid → Single Superphosphate
Impact Fertilisers’ SSP manufacturing process uses blends of various rock phosphate rock sources. Critical steps in the process include:
- Grinding the Phosphate Rock to the correct size
- Accurately metering the Phosphate Rock, Sulphuric Acid, and water
- Mixing together thoroughly
- Time for the reactions to occur
The reacted material is fed into a granulation drum and across a screening process to produce granulated Single Superphosphate.
The Single Superphosphate is then stored for a period of weeks to allow further reactions to occur within the product to maximise the proportion of available phosphate in the commercial product.
The cured Single Superphosphate is dried and screened prior to dispatch.
The product is a low cost source of phosphorus and sulphur in a wide range of pasture situations. SSP is a traditional product for supplying phosphorus and sulphur to pastures, the main two nutrients required for pasture production. Generally mixed with Sulphate of Ammonia and Muriate of Potash, but can be blended with other fertilisers.
Storage & Handling
- Can be stored for relatively long periods (0 – 6 months).
- Does not take up moisture from the air.
- Can be used in a wide range of spreading and sowing equipment.
- Particles may deteriorate in time so long-term storage (> 6 months) is not recommended.
- Do not mix with Urea, DAP or products with a low critical humidity as products will react and become gluggy.
- The portion of finer particles may cause problems such as blockages and uneven flow in some air-seeders designed for high analysis products.
- Do not store in silos.